Welcome to my webpage. I am a research associate professor at the University of Washington in Atmospheric Sciences. My research interests include:
- Synoptic and mesoscale structure, dynamics and microphysics of midlatitude cyclones
- The modification of precipitating storm systems as they pass over mountain ranges
- Banded precipitation structures in developing storms, especially in snowstorms over the East Coast of North America
- Severe convective storms in South America and their initiation and upscale growth, especially near the Sierra de Córdoba in Argentina
- Predictability, especially over oceanic regions
- Remote sensing of water vapor and precipitation
Much of my current work involves analyzing data collected during field campaigns. Visit my research page to learn about the recent field projects I have been involved with.