Arthur Setiawan

I am currently a Junior studying Informatics in the University of Washington. I was born on 13 February 1999 in Jakarta, Indonesia. I consider myself as a Chinese Indonesian, a minority ethnic group which is five percent of Indonesia’s total population.

I am pursing Informatics as a major because I aspire to help advance the technological deficiencies that Indonesia has in comparison to other neighboring nations. Being an international student, I’ve had the opportunity to have visited more than ten countries and hundreds of unique cities which has contributed immensely to my understanding of foreign cultures and their societies.

BeingĀ the eldest son in a very capitalist-minded family, taking this Indigenous Leaders and Activists class has opened my eyes to more in-depth and unique aspects of the cultural world that I very greatly enjoy. Being inexperienced with U.S. history, this class has offered me a lot of knowledge and improvement for my understanding on this developing country and how it has came to be.

I'm in there somewhere
Me with my friends on a Catholic spiritual retreat