Email the Class
To pass this class, students are required to complete all of the following tasks, some of them graded and some not:
- Complete the readings for each section. The readings, along with the field trips, are the basic sources of information.
- Serve as a presenter or discussant for some of the readings for each unit. We will assign presenters and discussants before each unit.
- Post on the Class Discussion Board a 200 word or longer (requirements vary from day to day) comment on the readings for each class (other than the post-mortems) the night before class. Please not that the due time varies: when other students need to pick up on your posts for their class presentations and discussions, the posts are due at 7 p.m. When there is no student-led discussion the next day, you have until midnight.
- Go on all three field trips. If you can't go, there is no way to make them up.
- Keep a field journal on each trip, and use it as a basis for your comments posted on the discussion board on the days of the post-mortem classes for the three trips.
- Write a 1500-2000 word essay on an assignment related to each type of ecosystem, and turn it in to the instructor by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday following the last class session of that unit, Mondays April 27, May 18, and June 8