Averkiou Lab is inventing the future of medicine by developing imaging and therapy ultrasound technology to bring image-guided ultrasound-mediated drug delivery in clinical trials. We are part of uWAMIT, a center that uses ultrasound as the main modality for imaging and treating diseases in the early stages.
Our research focuses on:
- Perfusion quantification
- Ultrasound mediated drug delivery
- Microbubble-enhanced heating
- Ex-vivo machine perfusion of human-sized livers
- Nonlinear propagation of ultrasound
- Bubble dynamics and response to ultrasound