Model exploration 1: subthermocline mixed layers
Links to other pages:
1a. TAO/model comparisons
1b. Model exploration 1 (E Pacific mixing) (This page)
2. Model Exploration 2 (Other things)
3. Model Exploration 3 (circ E of Australia)
4. Two-delta-x wave?
5. Throughflow XBT lines
- Where do subthermocline mixed layers occur?
Look for occurrences of low Delta-T between 97.5 and 194.2m.
The following show this Delta-T in the eastern Pacific at 15-day intervals, with values less than 2°C shaded:
- Sep 1983
- Feb 1984
- May 1989 Oct 1989
- Jul 1993 Nov 1993
- Jun 1994
- Jul 1998 Dec 1998
- Correlation between w and Ri:
- Time series of low Ri along Eq at 100m: 1982-87 1988-93 1994-99
- Examples of low Ri and w: Nov 83: (x,z) (x,y) Dec 84: (x,z) (x,y) Mar 86: (x,z) (x,y) Aug 94: (x,z) (x,y) Mar 86: (x,z) (x,y)
- Annual cycles of Ri
- (z,t) sections at 0°, 106°W: Overlay T Overlay u
- (x,t) sections along the Equator: 60m 75m 90m 105m