2017 drawing contest
The 2017 Neuroscience for Kids Drawing Contest is now closed. Entries
were due February 1, 2017.
Here were the rules:
- Only one entry per person. Use either the PDF or WORD versions of
the official entry form (copies of the form are acceptable) to enter a
picture on the topic for your age group (see below). Drawings must be
done by hand using pencils, pens, markers, and/or crayons. Feel free to
use words in your drawings. Be creative!
- Entries will be divided into four groups based on age:
If you are in Kindergrarten to Grade 2: Your picture
should be about "My brain helps me ________."
If you are in Grade 3 to Grade 5: Your picture should
be about "Brain Fitness: I keep my brain healthy by ______."
If you are in Grade 6 to Grade 8: Your picture should
be about "My brain is like a _______ because _________."
If you are in Grade 9 to Grade 12: Your picture
should be about "My favorite part of the brain is ____ because________."
If you are a college student, parent or teacher: Your
picture should be about "My favorite neuroscientist is______ because
- Entries must be received by February 1, 2017.
- Entries should be mailed to:
Dr. Eric H. Chudler
Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering
1414 NE 42nd St., Box 37
Seattle, WA 98105-6271
- People and their families associated with the Neuroscience for Kids
web site are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Drawings will be judged by the staff of Neuroscience for Kids or by
other individuals designated by Dr. Eric H. Chudler. Drawings will be
judged on the basis of originality, scientific accuracy and overall
- At least one winner from each group will be selected. Winners will be
announced by e-mail or regular mail no later than March 1, 2017. The
winner agrees to allow Neuroscience for Kids to publish his/her name
(first name, last initial only) and artwork on the Neuroscience for Kids
web site. Winner addresses and e-mail addresses will be kept confidential
and will NOT be published.
- All materials received will become the property of Neuroscience for
Kids and will not be returned. Neuroscience for Kids will not be held
responsible for entries that are damaged or lost in the mail.
- Winners will be awarded a book or other prize related to the
brain. The specific prizes will be announced later. Prizes will be
mailed to the address listed on the winner's entry form.
- Void where prohibited by law.
- The 2017 Drawing Contest is sponsored by NEURO4KIDS.COM.
Questions about this contest should be directed to Dr. Chudler at
Download the official entry form: WORD Form | PDF Form
Copyright © 1996-2016, Eric H. Chudler All Rights