Areas of Specialization
Information Ethics and Policy: Intellectual Property, Privacy, and Freedom of Speech -- Conference, April 25-26, 2013
Completed -- Under Review
" Privacy as a Human Right: What We Have no Business Knowing"
"Information Ethics for Technology Managers
Privacy, Security, and Accountability, Anthology under review."
Recent and Forthcoming Presentations
- "Indigenous Ownership of Intellectual Property" Artistic License Project workshop, Victoria BC, Spring, 2015.
- “Privacy, Security, and Government Surveillance: WikiLeaks, Big Data, and the ‘New Accountability,’” presented at the Social Justice in the Information Society speaker series, University of Scranton, November 10th, 2014.
- “Privacy, Trust, and Accountability,” Keynote Panel, ASIS&T Conference workshop “Trust in the Age of Data (Big and Small), October 31, 2014.
- "Privacy as a Human Right: Moral and Legal Foundations," Symposium on Privacy and Security, UCLA, Sponsored by the UCLA School of Law and Department of Political Science. April 25th, 2014.
- "Privacy, Security, and Government Surveillance: WikiLeaks, Big Data and the 'New Accountability,'" Public/Private COMPAS Spring Conference Schedule, The Ohio State University April 4th, 2014.
- "Privacy in the Family," NIAS Workshop, Wassenaar, the Netherlands, January 12-16, 2014.
- “Privacy, Security, and Surveillance: WikiLeaks, Big Data, and the New Accountability,” Simon Frasier University Oct. 30, 2013.
- “Knowledge and Community,” Utah State University: Open Access Week, October 21–25, 2013.
- “Accountability in a House of Mirrors: A Comment on Deborah Johnson,” Information Ethics and Policy: Intellectual Property, Privacy, and Freedom of Speech, University of Washington, April 24-26th.
- “Privacy, Security, and Government Surveillance: WikiLeaks and the New Accountability,” Berglund Center for Internet Studies, Pacific University. Nov. 2, 2012.
- “Drug Testing and Privacy,” The John Marshall Law School Conference on Privacy, Sept., 27-28, 2012.
- “Liberty and the Paradoxes of Democracy,” Participant, Liberty Fund, San Francisco, July 12-15, 2012.
- “A Lockean Theory of Intellectual Property Revisited,” Conference: The Philosophical Foundations of Intellectual Property, May 3-5, 2012, University of San Diego Institute for Law and Public Policy.
- “Privacy, Security, and Government Surveillance: WikiLeaks and the New Accountability,” Information Ethics Roundtable, Hunter College, April 27, 2012.
- “Privacy as a Human Right,” Washington Library Association Conference, Tulalip Resort, April 18-20, 2012.
- “Comments on Derivative Works and Original Value,” 2012 APA Pacific Division Meetings, Seattle, April 4-7 2012.
- “Moore on Privacy Rights: Author meets critics,” Association of Private Enterprise Education, 2012 International Conference – Wither Leviathan? Changing Roles for the State, April 1-4, 2012, Las Vegas.
(last updated 01/08/2015)