- Ultra-clean Layers and Low Albedo Clouds in the Marine Boundary Layer. Presentation by Rob Wood at the 4th Climate Conference, Santa Fe, New Mexico, February 9th 2017.
- Challenges for Quantifying Climate Effects of Aerosol-Cloud Interactions in Warm Low Clouds. Presentation by Rob Wood in session on Grand Challenges in Observing Atmospheric Chemistry and Aerosols, American Meteorological Society Annual Meeting, Seattle, 23 January 2017.
- Connecting Sources of Aerosol Variability in the Marine Boundary Layer over the Eastern North Atlantic: Circulation, Precipitation and Cloud Structure, poster, ICCP Conference, Manchester, U.K., July 25-29, 2016.
- Marine Boundary Layer Aerosol Variability: A Budget Approach, poster, Johannes Mohrmann, ICCP Conference, Manchester, U.K., July 25-29, 2016.
- Identifying Meteorological Controls on Open and Closed Mesoscale Cellular Convection as Associated with Marine Cold Air Outbreaks, Isabel McCoy & Robert, Wood, ICCP Conference, Manchester, U.K., July 25-29, 2016.
- The Deepening of the Subtropical Marine Stratocumulus Boundary Layer, poster, Ryan Eastman & Robert Wood, ICCP Conference, Manchester, U.K., July 25-29, 2016.
- Biomass Burning Aerosol Detection In Near Real-Time: How Can MODIS and SEVIRI Be Used To Aid Mission Planning In The Field Michael Diamond & Rob Wood, ICCP Conference, Manchester, U.K., July 25-29, 2016.
- Extending the legacy of MISR cloud motion vectors
to tandem spacecraft. David J. Diner, Robert Wood, Matthew Lebsock, Joao Teixeira, Kevin J. Mueller, Veljko M. Jovanovic, Anthony B. Davis, Pamela Clark, and Shanti Rao. Poster presented at the 13th INTERNATIONAL WINDS WORKSHOP, Monterey, California, 27 June 2016 – 1 July 2016.
- Ultra‐clean layers and low albedo (“grey”) clouds in CSET.
Robert Wood, Paquita Zuidema, Chris Bretherton, Kuan‐Ting (Andy) O, Hans Mohrmann, Isabel McCoy, Ryan Eastman,
Bob Charlson, Louise Leahy, Bruce Albrecht, Virendra Ghate, Mampi Sarkar, Ed Eloranta, Susanne Glienke, Raymond Shaw, and Jacob Fugal, Matt Lebsock. Presentation by Robert Wood at the Cloud System Evolution in the Trades (CSET) Science Meeting, June 15-16, 2016.
- Lagrangian Evolution in CSET with GOES. Hans Mohrmann, Isabel McCoy, Jeremy McGibbon, Kyle Bretherton, Dylan Tom, Rob Wood, Chris Bretherton. Presentation given by Hans Mohrmann at the Cloud System Evolution in the Trades (CSET) Science Meeting, June 15-16, 2016.
- Ultra‐clean Layers (UCLs) and Low albedo Clouds
in the Marine Boundary Layer ‐ cloud parcel model simulation with bin microphysics scheme. Kuan‐Ting (Andy) O, Robert Wood, Chris Bretherton. Presentation given by Kuan-Ting O at the Cloud System Evolution in the Trades (CSET) Science Meeting, June 15-16, 2016.
- Exploration of CSET high-rate data. Chris Bretherton.
Presentation given by Rob Wood at the Cloud System Evolution in the Trades (CSET) Science Meeting, June 15-16, 2016.
- The Eastern North Atlantic ARM site: Clouds, aerosols and their interactions in the remote marine boundary layer. Robert Wood, Pavlos Kollias, Mark Miller, Jasmine Rémillard, Ann Fridlind, Ed Luke, Jayson Stemmler, Zhongyu Kuang, Andrew Ackerman, Xiquan Dong, Zhanqing Li, Maike Ahlgrimm, Richard Forbes, Eduardo Azevedo, Virendra Ghate, Christine Chiu, Anne Jefferson, Jian Wang, Kim Nitschke, Paul Ortega, Sam Pennypacker. Poster at the ARM/ASR PI Meeting, May 2-6, 2016.
- Evaluation of Aerosol Observing System Siting at the ARM Eastern North Atlantic Site: Implications for data quality and meeting ARM and ASR Science Objectives. Doug Sisterson, Yan Feng, Allison McComiskey, Robert Wood, Jayson Stemmler. Poster at the ARM/ASR PI Meeting, May 2-6, 2016.
- Using MAGIC data to constrain the marine boundary layer CCN budget in the Sc-Cu transition region. Hans Mohrmann and Robert Wood. Presentation given by R. Wood at the ARM/ASR PI Meeting in the MAGIC Breakout Session, 5th May 2016, Washington DC.
- A twice-daily PBL depth product derived from CALIPSO and MODIS for marine Stratocumulus . Ryan Eastman & Robert Wood, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, February 2016.
- Effects of Boundary Layer depth, stability, precipitation, and droplet concentration on stratocumulus evolution using a Lagrangian approach . Ryan Eastman & Robert Wood, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, AMS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, January 2016.
- Ultra-clean Layers and Low Albedo Clouds in the Marine Boundary Layer. Robert Wood, University of Washington, Seattle, WA; and P. Zuidema, C. Bretherton, B. A. Albrecht, V. Ghate, M. Sarkar, S. Glienke, H. Mohrmann, R. A. Shaw, and J. Fugal. Poster in the Eighth Symposium on Aerosol-Cloud-Climate Interactions at the AMS Annual Meeting, New Orleans, January 2016.
- Aerosol indirect effects and the importance of the CCN budget for marine low clouds. Robert Wood, presentation at the DOE ASR Workshop on Marine Low Clouds, January 2016.
- A Novel Approach To Langrangian Sampling, Mohrmann & Wood, et al., AGU, San Francisco, December 2015.
- Cloud System Evolution in the Trades: First Results from the CSET campaign, Jul-Aug 2015. Rob Wood, Chris Bretherton, Hans Mohrmann, Jeremy McGibbon. Atmospheric Physics and Chemistry Seminar, Atmospheric Sciences, University of Washington, December 7th 2015.
- Planning A Field Experiment To Understand Clouds & Aerosols In The Trade Winds, Hans Mohrmann, Atmos 220 Lecture, University of Washington, December 2015.
- The Evolution of Subtropical Stratocumulus cloud properties from multiple satellite sensors using a new
Lagrangian approach, Ryan Eastman & Robert Wood, September 2015.
- Lessons learned from field campaigns on shallow clouds, Robert Wood, ACPC, April 2015.
- Eastern North Atlantic (ENA) Site Science & Infrastructure, Robert Wood et al, March 2015.
On constraining cloud-aerosol interactions in climate models. Robert Wood, Sackler Symposium on Improving Our Fundamental Understanding of the Role of Aerosol-Cloud Interactions in the Climate System, June 23-24, 2015; Irvine, CA. [VIDEO of presentation]
- How is precipitation from low clouds important for climate?, Robert Wood et al, AGU San Francisco, December 2014.
- Coalescence scavenging: the importance of cloud-driven aerosol sinks, Robert Wood et al, ASR, November 2014.
- Observations & Analysis of Low-CCN Events on Graciosa Island, Azores, Stemmler, Wood & Bretherton, ASR Conference, November 2014.
- Understanding spatial and temporal variability in cloud droplet concentration, Robert Wood et al, November 2014.
- Factors leading to the breakup of marine Sc, a Lagrangian perspective using the A-Train, Ryan Eastman & Robert Wood, October 2014.
- Cloud-Aerosol-Climate Interactions in the Southeastern Pacific: What did we learn from VOCALS? , Leeds & Wood, July 2014.
- Droplet Concentration in Low Clouds Over the Oceans: A Case of the Tail Wagging the Dog? , Wood, May 2014.
- Re-examining links between aerosols, cloud droplet concentration, cloud cover and precipitation using satellite observations , Wood, etal, AGU, San Francisco, December 2013.
- Droplet concentration in low clouds over the oceans: an independent or dependent variable? , Wood, etal, Oslo, November 2013.
- Wet removal without (much) surface precipitation: The importance of weakly‐drizzling clouds in controlling aerosol number , Wood, ASR Deposition, November 2013.
- Cloud System Evolution in the Trades‐‐CSET Proposal , Wood, November 2013.
- The nature and extent of optically thin marine low clouds , Wood, Poster, June 2013.
- Factors controlling cloud droplet concentration in low clouds over the oceans , Wood, Goddard Presentation, March 2013.
- Towards a global climatology of cloud microphysical properties and why MODIS does not like sunsets (nor sunrise!) , Grosvenor & Wood, UW Seminar, March 2013.
- Clouds & Climate Dinner Talk , Wood, March 2013.