46. Portman MA and Zhang J. Myocardial Energy Transport and Heart Failure. Cardiac Failure (in press, 2003).
45. Xue-Han Ning, Shi-Han Chen, Cheng-Su Xu, Outi M. Hyyti, Kun Qian, Julia J. Krueger, and Michael A. Portman. Hypothermia preserves myocardial function and mitochondrial protein gene expression during hypoxia Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2003 (in press).
44. Xue-Han Ning, Shi-Han Chen, Cheng-Su Xu, Linheng Li, Lena Y. Yao, Kun Qian, Julia J. Krueger, Outi M. Hyyti, and Michael A. Portman. Hypothermic Protection of the Ischemic Heart via Alterations in Apoptotic Pathways as Assessed by Gene Array Analysis. J Appl Physiol. 2002 May;92(5):2200-7, invited paper.
43. Portman MA, Molecular clock mechanisms and circadian rhythms intrinsic to heart. (Editorial comment) Circulation Research, 2001;89:1084-1086
42. Krueger J, Hyyti O, Arugo B, Ning XH, and Portman MA. Triidothyronine and epinephrine rapidly modify myocardial substrate selection: A 13C isotopomer analysis. American J Physiol Endocrinology and Metabolism 2001 281: E983-E990, 2001.
41. Portman MA. The adenine nucleotide translocator: regulation and function during myocardial development and hypertrophy. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 2002 Apr;29(4):334-8.
40. Reiser PJ, Portman MA, Ning X-H, and Moravec CS. Myosin heavy chain isoforms in fetal, nonfailing, and failing human myocardium. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 280(4):H1814-20, 2001
39. Davis JA, Cecchin F, Jones TK, and Portman MA. Major coronary artery
anomalies in a normal pediatric population: incidence and clinical
importance. J. Am Coll Cardiol
38. Portman MA, Panos AL, Xiao Y, and Ning X-H. HOE-642 (Cariporide) alters intracellular pH and diastolic function during reperfusion after global ischemia in pig heart. in situ. Amer J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 280: H830-834, 2001.
37. Portman MA. Adenine Nucleotide Translocator in Heart. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism. 71: 445-450, 2000
36. Portman MA, Fearneyhough C, Ning X-H, Duncan BW and Lupinetti FM. Triiodothyronine repletion in infants during cardiopulmonary bypass for congenital heart surgery. J. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 120(3):604-8, 2000.
35. Portman MA, Xiao Y, Qian K, Tucker RL, Parish SM, and Ning XH. Thyroid hormone coordinates respiratory control maturation and adenine nucleotide translocator expression in heart in vivo. Circulation. 102(11):1323-9, 2000.
34. Ning XH, Zhang J, Liu Y, Yun Gong G , From A, Bache R and Portman MA. Signaling and expression for mitochondrial membrane proteins during left ventricular remodeling and contractile failure after myocardial infraction. J Am Coll Cardiol: 36:282-7, 2000
33. Huang T-C, Cecchin FC, Mahoney P, and Portman MA. QTc Prolongation and syncope associated with Pseudohypoparathyroidism and Hypocalcemia. J Pediatrics 136:404-7, 2000
32. Ning XH, Xu CS, and Portman MA. Mitochondrial protein and HSP-70 signaling after ischemia in hypothermic adapted hearts augmented with glucose. Am J Physiol 277(Regulatory, Integrative, Comp. Physiol.): 46:R11-17, 1999.
31. Portman MA, Chen S-H, Xiao Y and Ning XH. Maturational changes in gene expression for adenine nucletoide translocator isoforms and bF1-ATPase in rabbit heart. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism: 66:75-79, 1999.
30. Ning XH, Cheng-Su Xu, Song Y, Hu YJ, Lupinetti FM, and Portman MA. Temperature threshold and preservation of signaling for mitochondrial membrane proteins during ischemia in rabbit heart. Cryobiology 36:321-329,1998.
29. Ning XH, Cheng-Su Xu, Song Y, Xiao Y, Hu YJ, Lupinetti FM, and Portman MA. Hypothermia preserves function and signaling for mitochondrial biogenesis during subsequent ischemia in isolated rabbit heart. Am J Physiol: 274 (Heart Circ Physiol):H786-793, 1998.
28. Ning XH, Cheng-Su X, Song YC, Childs KF, Xiao Y, Bolling SF, Lupinetti FM, and Portman MA. Temperature threshold and modulation of energy metabolism in the cardioplegic arrested rabbit heart. Cryobiology,36:2-11, 1998.
27. Portman MA , Xiao Y, Song Y, and Ning XH. Expression of the adenine nucleotide translocator parallels maturation of respiratory control in heart in vivo.Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol ):273: H1977-1983, 1997.
26. Portman MA, Panos A, Xiao Y, Anderson D, Lupinetti FM, Alfieris G, and Ning XH c Influence of cardioplegia pH on cellular energy metabolism and H+ ion flux during neonatal hypothermic circulatory arrest and reperfusion: A dynamic 31P nuclear magnetic resonance study in a pig model. J. Thorac Cardiovasc Surg : 114:601-608, 1997.
25. Portman MA, Xiao Y, Broers BGE, and Ning XH. Hypoxic pHi and and function modulation by Na+/H+ exchange and a-adrenoreceptor inhibition in heart in vivo. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol)272:H2664-H2670, 1997.
24. Portman MA, Standaert TA, and Ning XH. Developmental changes in ATP utilization during graded hypoxia and reoxygenation in the heart in vivo. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol) H216-223, 1996.
23. Portman MA , Standaert TA, and Ning XH. The relation of myocardial oxygen consumption and function to high enery phosphate utlization during graded hypoxia and reoxygenation in sheep in vivo. J Clin Invest. 95: 2134-2142, 1995.
22. Portman MA and Ning XH. Myocardial energy metabolism in the newborn lamb in vivo during pacing induced changes in oxygen consumption. Pediatric Research 37: 182-188, 1995.
21. Portman MA and Eyster GE. Myocardial buffering capacity and high energy phosphate utilization during hypothermic circulatory arrest and recovery in the newborn lamb in vivo. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 108: 946-952, 1994.
20. Portman MA. Measurement of unidirectional Pi ATP flux in lamb myocardium in vivo. Biochemica et Biophysica Acta 1185:221-227, 1994.
19. Portman MA and Ning, XH. Maturational changes in respiratory control through creatine kinase in the sheep heart in vivo. Am J Physiol: Cell Physiol. 263: C453-460, 1992 .
18. Gorman MW, Ning XH, He MX, Portman MA, Sparks HV. Adenosine release and high energy phosphates in intact dog hearts during norepinephrine infusion. Circ Res: 70:1146-1151, 1992.
17. Portman MA. Cardiothoracic MR angiography. Seminars in Ultrasound, CT & MR, 13:274-290, 1992.
16. Portman MA, Cooper TG, Potchen EJ. Physiologic alterations in cranial blood flow demonstrated by magnetic resonance angiography.Invest Radiol, 27:240‑244, 1992.
15. Portman MA, Lassen NA, Cooper TG, Potchen EJ. Intra‑ and extracellular pH of the brain in vivo studied by 31P NMR during hyper and hypocapnia. J Appl Physiol 71:2168‑2172, 1991.
14. Portman MA, Ning, XH. Developmental adaptations in cytosolic phosphate content and pH regulation in the sheep heart in vivo. J Clin Invest. 86:1823‑1828, 1990.
13. Portman MA, Heineman FW, Balaban RS. Developmental changes in the relation between phosphate metabolites and oxygen consumption in the sheep heart in vivo. J Clin Invest 83:456‑464, 1989.
12. Katz LA, Swain JA, Portman MA, Balaban RS: The relation of phosphate metabolites and myocardial oxygen consumption in vivo. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ Physiol) 256:H265‑H274, 1989.
11. Portman MA, Heineman FW, James S, Balaban RS: Simultaneous monitoring of coronary blood flow and 31P NMR detected myocardial metabolites. Magn Reson Med 7:243‑247, 1988.
10. Katz LA, Swain JA, Portman MA, Balaban RS: Intracellular pH and inorganic phosphate content of the heart in vivo. Am J Physiol (Heart Circ. Physiol.) 24:H189‑H196, 1988.
9. Portman MA, Bhat AM, Jacobstein MD, Cohen MD: Left ventricular systolic circularity index: An echocardiographic measure of transseptal pressure ratio. Am Heart J 114:1178‑1182, 1987.
8. Jacobstein MD, Portman MA, Fletcher BD: Magnetic resonance imaging of the univentricular atrioventricular connection. Am J of Cardiac Imaging 1:221‑226, 1987.
7. Carlier PG, Jacobstein MD, Portman MA, Tarazi RC, Gerken TA: Alterations of energy metabolism in the spontaneously hypertensive rat: A 31P‑nuclear magnetic resonance study. J of Hypertension 4(6):9295‑9298, 1986.
6. Portman MA, Beder SD, Cohen M, Riemenschneider TA: Concealed conduction abnormalities detected by electrophysiologic testing following ostium primum defect repair. Int J Cardiol 11:111‑119, 1986.
5. Ben-Shachar G, Cohen MH, Sivakoff MC, Portman MA, Riemenschneider TA: Development of infundibular obstruction after percutaneous balloon valvuloplasty. J Am Coll Cardiol 2356-2358, 1985.
4. Portman MA , Beder SD Ankeney JA, VanHeeckeren D, Liebman J, Riemenschneider TA: Twenty year review of ostium primum defect repair.Am Heart J 110:1054-1058, 1985.
3. Portman MA, Riggs TW, Port RB: Radiological Case of the Month: Tetralogy of Fallot with absent pulmonary valve. Am J Dis Chil 138:697-698, 1984
2. Portman MA, Ingall D, Westenfelder G, Yogev R: Peritonsillar abscess complicating infectious mononucleosis. J of Pediatrics 194:742-744, 1984.
1. Portman MA, Brouiellette RT: Fatal intraranial hemmorhage complicating amniocentesis . Am J Obstetrics Gyn 144: 731-733, 1982.
1. Portman MA, Shores A, Cooper T: Animal models and veterinary applications. In Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Concepts and Applications, B. C. Decker with C. V. Mosby and Year Book, 1992 .
2. Portman MA.,. Hormonal and Metabolic Adjustments during Mechanocirculatory Support. In Mechanical Circulatory Support for Pediatric Cardiac Patients, ed. B W Duncan. Marcel Dekker, 2000.
3. Portman MA.,. Atrioventricular Septal Defect, Partial and Intermediate. In Pediatrics, Emedicine.com, 2000 ed. Altschuler, Neish et al.
4. Portman MA.,. Atrial Septal Defect. Patent Foramen Ovale. In Pediatrics, Emedicine.com, 2000 ed. Altschuler, Neish et al.
1. Portman, MA. Do kinetics of ADP stimulation of mitochondria really change during myocardial maturation? Reply, Am J Physiol :275 (Heart Circ Physiol ): H:727-729, 1998.
2. Portman MA, Cecchin F, Jones TK, Davis JA, Lupinetti FM. Reply to Letter to the Editor: Major coronary artery anomalies in a normal pediatric population: incidence and clinical importance. J. Am Coll Cardiol 38:1270-1271, 2001.