to Professor Dolšak's home page
N. Dolšak and E. Ostrom. 2003, Eds. The
Commons in the New Millennium: Challenges and Adaptation. Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
Table of Contents:
- The Challenges of the Commons (Nives Dolšak and Elinor
- Changes in the Territorial System of the Maine Lobster
Industry (James M. Acheson and Jennifer F. Brewer)
- Transition in the American Fishing Commons: Management
Problems and Institutional Design Challenges (Susan Hanna)
- The Relationship between Resource Definition and Scale:
Considering the Forest (Martha E. Geores)
- Privitizing the Commons ... Twelve Years Later: Fishers'
Experiences with New Zealand's Market Based Fisheries Management (Tracy
Yandle and Christopher M. Dewees)
- Stakeholders, Courts, and Communities: Individual Transferable
Quotas in Icelandic Fisheries 1991-2001 (Einar Eythorsson)
- Multilateral Emission Trading: Heterogeneity in Domestic
and International Common-Pool Resource Management (Alexander A. Farrell
and M. Granger Morgan)
- Shaping Local Forest Tenure in National Politics (Rita
- A Framework for Analyzing the Physical, Social, and
Human Capital Effects of Microcredit on Common-Pool Resources (C. Leight
Anderson, Laura A. Locker, and Rachel A. Nugent)
- Using Social Capital to Create Political Capital: How
Do Local Communities Gain Political Influence? (Regina Birner and Heidi
- Adaptation to Challenges (Nives Dolšak, Eduardo S.
Brondizio, Lars Carlsson, David W. Cash, Clark C. Gibson, Matthew J.
Hoffmann, Anna Knox, Ruth Meinzen-Dick, and Elinor Ostrom)