|I teach a course in Introduction to Speech Technology which is part of the Professional MS in Computational Linguistics.
This course is intended to give an introduction to the key concepts and components of speech technology.
Students taking this course will gain a good understanding of what speech technology is, how it works and what you can do with it.
Hands-on experience with speech technology will be gained through building your own speech recognizer as well as designing your own speech application.
- The mechanics of current speech technologies, i.e. automatic speech recognition (ASR), text-to-speech (TTS) and speaker verification and identification (SVI) with particular focus on ASR
- Techniques for successful implementation of speech technology components with examples from state-of-the-art real-life applications
- ASR challenges and ways to overcome them
- Pertinent differences and similarities between human-to-human speech communication and speech technology
- Speech technology research