Current Applications for Fluidized Bed Reactors
FBRs are everywhere in the Process Industries. They find broad use in the petroleum and petrochemical industries, as well as numerous chemical industries.
Copyright, Texaco 1990
Most of the products below are either fuels or are used in the manufacturing of fuels.
- Aviation Fuel
- Diesel Feedstocks
- Jet Fuel Feedstocks
- Propylene ; For Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) and Butanes
- Butylene ; For Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) and Butanes
- Cracked Naptha
- Gasoline from Methanol
- Fuel Oils from Polyethylene
While fuels from petroleum processing are the major applications of FBR
technology, there are numerous other applications, from Plastics to Rubber.
- Acetone Recovery
- Aniline from Nitrobenzene
- Ethanol from Butadiene
- Hydrogen from Steam
- Coal Gasification
- Styrenes from Hydrocarbons
- Cracking of Methylcyclohexane
- Maleic Anhydride
- Maleic Anhydride from Benzene and Butylenes
- Vinyl Chloride
- Vulcanization of Rubber
Copyright, Chevron 1990
Here are some other applications of FBR technology.
- Fertilizers from Coal
- Oil Decontamination of Sand
- Industrial and Municipal Waste Treatment
- Radioactive Waste Solidification
Go to Top of Page.