David Veesler is co-director of the Arnold & Mabel Beckman center for cryo-electron microscopy at the University of Washington which houses state-of-the-art instruments including:
- Thermo-Fisher Titan Krios G3 equipped with a Gatan K2 Summit direct detector (soon to be updated to K3) and GIF energy filter.
- Thermo-Fisher Glacios equipped with a Gatan K2 Summit direct detector
- FEI Tecnai Spirit equipped with a Gatan Ultrascan 4000 4k x 4k CCD Camera.
- FEI Morgagni equipped with a Gatan Orius CCD.
- Two computing clusters with a total of 920 processors, 7 graphics processing unit (GPU) servers and 1.2 PB of storage space.