- paperKavallaris Lab
- September 2017: Juan Jesus Vicente
is promoted to Research Assistant Professor in the
Department of Physiology and Biophysics. Congratulations
- March 2017: Justin Decarreau's paper on Kif25 is published by Nature Cell Biology! Congrats to Justin Decarreau and also to our collaborators Aaron Halpern, Josh Vaughan (PBIO, Chemistry), Eric Lynch and Justin Kollman (Biochemistry).
- September 2016: Jim Bishop, an undergraduate in the UW Biology Dept. joins the lab. Welcome Jim!
- August 2016: Our collaboration with Paul Randazzo on ArfGAP activation of kinesins is published!
- April 2016: Our paper on rapid relocalization of kinesins using Rapamycin is published!
- April 2016: Ben Drum's paper with Fernando Santana on microtubule dynamics in cardiac cells is published!
- May 2015: Juan-Jesus' paper on the evolution of kinesins is published!
- June 2015: Justin presents a talk at the FASEB conference on "Mitosis: Spindle Assembly and Function".
- August 2014: Our collaboration with Holger Bastians' lab correlating microtubule assembly rates with is published!
- August 2014: Justin's paper measuring spindle angles is published!
- June 2013: Justin Decarreau is awarded an NRSA fellowship for his work on spindle orientation. Congratulations Justin!
- October 2013: Juan-Jesus Vicente joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. JJ is originally from the department of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Biomedicine at the School of Medicine, Autonoma University of Madrid, Spain. Welcome!!
- May 2012: Jason Stumpff's chromokinesin paper makes the cover of Developmental Cell. Hurray!!
- July 2011: Sarah Domitz successfully defends her thesis. Hurray Dr. Domnitz!
- May 2011: Justin Decarreau joins the lab as a postdoctoral fellow. Justin is from the Dept. of Physiology and Biophysics at the University of Vermont. Welcome!!
- July 2011: Jason Stumpff joins the Department of Physiology and Biophysics in the UVM Medical School as an Assistant Professor. We will miss him - sniff. Best of luck!
- July 2010: Kathleen Rankin's rocking spindle paper makes the cover of the Journal of Cell Biology. Hurray!!
- June 2009: Jeremy Cooper has joins GEHealthcare/Applied Precision (Issaquah WA), as a Research Engineer. We will miss him - sniff. But we look forward to more fantastic optics from GEHealthcare.
- June 2008: Kathleen Rankin successfully defends her thesis. Hurray Dr. Rankin!