ANTH 561F/SEFS 550F
Resilience in Socio-Ecological Systems
MW 1:30-3:20, Denny 401
E-mail the class
1. Key Concepts
2. Key Concepts Cont.
4. China Example
The Resilience Alliance
Ecology and Society
Here is the time schedule for your class project:
- By 5:00 Friday, April 26, you should post on the discussion board a one-page (mais o menos) description of your idea for your project, including the topic, why you think it is important for resilience ecology, and the sources you might use. Then by 10:00 Monday morning, April 29, please post comments on two other people's ideas that don't yet have two comments. If you want to post a third or higher-order comment on someone's idea in addition, that's fine
- By 5:00 p.m on Friday, May 10, please post a summary of the argument of your project as you understand it so far. You are not required to stick to this argument if further research changes your mind or shifts your interest.
- By 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 17, please email the instructor an annotated bibliography of the most important sources you are using for your project. They need not be published books or articles; they can include archival materials, online materials, interviews, personal observations, etc.
- By 11:00 a.m. on the date of your presentation, email or if it is too big, place in the dropbox (URL to come), the slides or other materials for your class presentation. That way I can get them all on my computer and make sure they work before class, so as to avoid technical delays.
- By 7:00 p.m. on Monday, June 10, email your paper.