This has been reposted from our lab tumblelog
This Month I plan to:
– Run another qPCR on HSP70 in the populations heat shock experiment
– If interesting finish processing all samples taken and re-run
– Visit all 4 sample locations and take data on size, predation, Hobo
Loggers, and 5 animals from each tray for genetics.
– Familiarize myself with MicroSAT data
– Look into Simp Rad, RadSeq, and R
– Begin to Plan for Next Gen Sequencing of samples
– Look into Committee Members
– Plan long term for Local Adaptation Project and Thesis
– Write Santa a letter asking for some extra funding
– Have a Merry Christmas!
Things I accomplished last month:
– Ran experiment using mild heat shock to determine adaptive differences
between 3 oly populations and assayed using HSP70 and Actin
– Apply to the NSF GRFP
– Reposition Manchester Samples!
– Working on Social Media presence (Twitter)
via the Lab Tumblr: http://genefish.tumblr.com/post/69506569504