Received environmental data from the 2016 DNR outplant today. Plotted and ran some stats in thie R Script

First, I plotted using Plotly. Note: I haven’t figured out how to embed Plotly plots in my GitHub posts yet, so these are screen shots of the plots. To view, download the .html files and drag them into your brower.

pH Continuous Data

pH Continuous Plot Screen Shot

pH Box Plot Data

pH Box Plot screenshot

DO Continuous Data

DO Continuous screenshot

DO Box Plot Data

DO Box Plot screenshot

T Continuous Data

T Continuous Data screenshot

T Box Plot Data

T Box Plot screen shot

Then I checked out normality. Temperature data was not normal, so I double-log transformed. NOTE: haven’t thrown out any outliers yet; I may after discussing data with Micah. Resulting qqplots & histograms:

Environmental Data Normality Check

Then, I ran the Bartlett Test of Equal Variance for each environmental variable, by each grouping factor.

Treatment Habitat Site Region  
pH-F 9177.01824 518.84135 4287.46341 3046.27905
pH-P 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
DO-F 6629.77718 114.20095 5479.65027 4290.31405
DO-P 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000 0.00000
T-F 7745.15337 7.18461 7666.51686 2512.32029
T-P 0.00000 0.00735 0.00000 0.00000

Finally, I ran 1-Way ANOVA tests for each environmental variable, by each grouping factor:

Treatment Habitat Site Region  
pH-F 5756.8843 18550.3358 4435.2426 5178.1590
pH-P 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
DO-F 462.7035 172.7403 674.5283 675.6917
DO-P 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000
T-F 3327.6405 53.9099 7441.9589 10106.3882
T-P 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000 0.0000

from LabNotebook http://ift.tt/2zFsEQM
via IFTTT

Initial look at Environmental Data
Tagged on: