University of Washington
Applied Physics Laboratory and
Dept. of Electrical Engineering
Seattle, WA 98195-5640 USA
Tel: (206) 221-6990
Fax: (206) 543-6785
Payman Arabshahi is a senior research scientist with the University of Washington's Applied Physics Laboratory, and Associate Professor of Electrical Engineering at the UW. From 1994-1996 he served on the faculty of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the University of Alabama in Huntsville. From 1997-2006 he was on the senior technical staff of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, in the Communications Architectures and Research Section. While at JPL he also served as affiliate graduate faculty at the Department of Electrical Engineering at Caltech, where he taught the three-course graduate sequence on digital communications. He has a strong, 12-year track record of successful design, implementation, and management of large, complex technology projects; building and maintaining R&D relationships with academia, government, and industry; and strategic planning and technology roadmapping. His research interests are in wireless communications and networking, sensor networks, signal processing, data mining and search, and biologically inspired systems.
- Management of Technology and Innovation Program, California Institute of Technology, 2003.
- Technical Management Program, University of California, Los Angeles, 2001.
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 1994.
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, 1990.
- B.S., Engineering, (Summa Cum Laude), University of Alabama in Huntsville, 1988.
- High School, Ecole Internationale de Genève, Switzerland, 1985 (French/English).