Website design by
Bottom Line Computing
Academic Administration Portfolio Summary
2007-Present Associate Vice Chancellor, University of Washington Tacoma
1999-2007 Director, Education Program, University of Washington Tacoma; Professor Educational Psychology.
- Co-design Doctor of Educational Leadership (EdD) degree
- Lead campus-wide academic assessment efforts; Chair Academic Assessment Committee
- Campus coordinator for new academic program and degree development
- Campus coordination of summer school
- UW NWCCU Accreditation Committee
- Liaison with strategic planning across campus
- Leadership in strategic planning for Academic Affairs
- Director of Retention
- Lead evaluation efforts for first year experience
- Lead academic affairs in student learning outcomes assessment efforts and other accountability assessment
- Chair search for Director of Undergraduate Education
- Represent UTW on national panel on Hiring Diverse Faculty
- Interview prospective faculty candidates, all units for Academic Affairs
- Communication builder, through oral, written, web-based strategies with attitude of openness and honesty
- Represent UWT on UW/Legislature Performance Agreements design committee
- Represent UWT on Governor’s Workforce Development Zone planning and in regional workforce development partnerships (Institute of Technology/ Community liaison in technology-based sustainability program development)
- Solicit grants and external fund raising
- Design future Office for Service Learning
- K-12 pipeline development
- Co-wrote Gear-Up grant
- Represent Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs in his absence
- Member Chancellor’s Council
2000-2001 Interim Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, University of Washington Tacoma. (Shared with another director)
- Leadership over all existing education programs and charged with significant growth each year.
- Lead strategic planning and all budgeting initiatives for the program, including development (fundraising), state funded and self-sustaining (fee-based) programs.
- Responsible for all faculty hiring, mentoring, and evaluation.
- Lead curriculum development and expanded program offerings
- Establish contractually based community partnerships with 26 local school districts for a variety of university-district relationships.
- Consultant with the UW Seattle campus College of Education on grants, lecture series, and other projects.
- Member, campus Budget Development Committee
- Solicit grants and external fund raising
- Advocate for development of math and science programs across campus
- Chair the Nursing Department university-wide 10 year review.
- Chair searches for the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, and Dean of the Business School.
- Participate in NWCCU self-study
- Grant writing and supervision of program grants
1991-1998 Tenured, Associate Professor, Associate Dean and Director of Graduate Studies ('95-97) School of Education, Seattle Pacific University
- Approval of all unit hires, promotion and tenure applications, and sabbatical leaves.
- Monitoring grievances and assisting faculty who experienced illness or other challenging family or personal problems.
- Co-chair the search for the new Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- Member of Chancellor’s cabinet
- Represent Chancellor on UW Dean’s Council in her absence.
- Travel to China pursuing future research opportunities
- Travel to Russia representing SPU administration in contract negotiations for future faculty exchange
- Emerging leadership in undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral level programs.
- Primary and second level accreditation, including School lead for NCATE review, and the State Board of Education approval process; wrote School section of self study for NWCCU review
- Director all aspects of graduate studies, faculty, staff, curricula
- Re-establishment of School Counseling Program (Chair)
- Creation of School Psychology Program
- Support of developing doctoral program
- Graduate level curriculum development and approval processes
- Development of distance learning programs
- Work with Student Affairs in mental health issues across campus.
- Assist university advisors in developing course scheduling matrices
- Assist university wide undergraduate curricular redesign
- Represented Dean on President’s Cabinet in his absence