FLOSS Version Notes
First public release of FLOSS. Floss 1.4 was used for 18 months at
GlaxoSmithKline prior to public release.
FLOSS version 1.4.1 is an incremental release with several improvements to FLOSS
output files that were suggested by helpful, anonymous Bioinformatics reviewers.
Return to FLOSS download page
Return to FLOSS home page
- Added optional
-asm equal parameter allowing the user to require all
ordered subsets to have the same interval for the allele sharing parameter. The interval
is determined by the set of all families. The default
parameter uses the set of families in the ordered subset to determine the interval
for the allele sharing parameter for that ordered subset.
- Summary (.out) file: Added a
+ or a
indicator in the "#Families" column in the Brief Summary of the FLOSS ".out" file.
+ indicates the best ordered subset consists of families with the
highest covariate scores, and a
- indicates the best
ordered subset consists of families with the lowest covariate scores.
- Plotting (.plt) file: Changed the column label "Orig Score" to
- Log (.log) file:
- Added a column giving the number of families in a given ordered subset.
- Added a column giving the allele sharing parameter that maximizes the
linkage score for the ordered subset and locus with the highest linkage score.
- Fixed bug that incorrectly reported a 0.0 allele sharing parameter as 0.005.
- Added an "=" between family identifiers in the "Ordered Families" list when
the family identifiers have the same covariate score.