My students and I develop software as part of our research, and
some of it exists as reusable tools, libraries, or end-user applications. (The
rest are programs designed for non-reusable purposes, such as for conducting specific experiments.)
The following downloads are posted as-is free of charge, without warranty or guarantee
of any kind. To the best of our knowledge, everything here is bug-free... but you know
how that goes. Please
let me know
if you find something useful.
- ARTool: for conducting nonparametric factorial within- or between-subjects analyses using only ANOVA procedures. [pdf]
- ps4hci: Practical Statistics for HCI: independent study modules and data sets for learning statistics and statistical tools. [pdf]
- Coursera: Designing, Running, & Analyzing Experiments
- TextTest: for conducting and analyzing rigorous studies of text entry performance. [pdf]
- FittsStudy: for performing and analyzing studies of human pointing performance. [pdf]
- Input Observer: for unobtrusively measuring text entry and mouse pointing performance "in the wild." [pdf]
Gesture recognition & analysis
- EdgeWrite: for entering text using any number of devices or platforms. [pdf]
- EdgeWrite DLL: for developing custom text entry methods using the EdgeWrite system.
- WobbrockLib: my C# .NET library of application-agnostic formulae, widgets, data structures, and algorithms (v. 3.2.6).
- PolledDevices: my C# .NET 2.0 library that makes it easy to acquire and process mice, keyboards, and joysticks (v. 3.0.2).