Scheduling a Badge and Fingerprint Appointment
PIV badge (cardholder) appointments may be scheduled using the On-Line Scheduling Tool at http://www.va-piv.com. This scheduling tool allows Employees, Affiliates and Contractors the option of scheduling a fingerprint and/or badging appointment at either the Seattle or American Lake campus. Your background investigation questionnaire [e-QIP] must be completed prior to your fingerprint appointment.
Detailed Instructions for http://www.va-piv.com
1. Click here to Create a new PIV Card Applicant Account on the VA-PIV system.
2. Enter your last name, first name, email, phone number and create a password. Verify your password in the second password box
3. In the first drop down box (next to Organization), select “VHA”
4. In the second drop down box (next to “Applicant Type”), select “Employee”
5. Click “Create Account”
6. Click the “Continue” button
7. Click “Create Appointment”
8. Enter zip code 98108 then select “Continue”
9. Choose the closest “Puget Sound Health Care System” location
10. Select “Fingerprint” under the activity section and click “Continue”
11. Click the calendar and select a date and time for your appointment; click “Continue”
12. Click “Confirm Appointment”
- Fingerprint capture and clearance is required prior to the badging appointment, if it has been more than 120 days since you were last fingerprinted. Failure to complete fingerprints prior to the scheduled badge appointment will result in the need to re-schedule your appointment.
- Schedule appointment(s) 60-90 days prior to card expiration to ensure sufficient time for fingerprint capture and timely renewal of badge.
- Notify your supervisor/manager to Sponsor you for badge renewalprior to your scheduled appointment. Failure to get Sponsorship prior to your badge appointment may result in the need to re-schedule your appointment to a later time or day.
- Present two forms of valid identification at the time of your scheduled badge appointment. The identification must meet the following requirements:
o Names must match on both identity documents
o Name must be identical to what the PIV Sponsor has entered in the PIV Enrollment Portal.
o All documents must be unexpired
- Return expired badge upon issuance of your new badge.
- Maintain possession of your badge at all times while on official duty and ensure badge is properly secured during off duty hours.
- Display the badge at all times inside the electromagnetically opaque sleeve.
We invite you to review additional PIV badging information and resources conveniently located on the Human Resources website at http://center.puget-sound.med.va.gov/sites/employees/default.aspx, under PIV Badging.