I am seeking 1-3 @uwtacoma students for a unique opportunity to work on a marine-biology themed exhibit at the Museum of Glass. The upcoming exhibit is called “Into the Deep” and features glass work of some of our favorite marine invertebrates.
Students are needed to:
• Run monthly (or bimonthly) tours of the exhibit.
• Run monthly (or bimonthly) activity for kids at the MoG.
• Co-create a response piece of art with 2 UW Tacoma art students. You do not need to be an artist, since your role will be to represent science in the project.
• (Can have different students doing these activities, but would be great to have a team interested in all three!)
I am seeking students with the following characteristics:
• Passion and excitement for marine life. This is the main requirement.
• Previous knowledge of marine invertebrates is a plus (but not required, I can teach you).
• Independence. I will be your advisor but will be abroad for much of the year. After training in person with me, we will have regular meetings on Skype.
• Commitment to work on the project with me over the summer (to develop activity and tour, start the art), and to run activities in fall and winter quarter.
Please contact Bonnie by April 15 if you are interested.