|Our research is focused on fluorescence-enabled electrochemical microscopy, single-nanoparticle electrochemistry, neurochemical imaging, and basic studies of the electrode/solution interface.|
• Postdoctoral Associates Needed!
We are looking for one or two highly motivated ambitious young scientists (recent PhD graduate) who can work independently and proven ability for critical thinking, method development and problem solving while delivering timely research. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in electrochemistry, optical microscopy, and neurochemistry. Qualified applicants will need to submit a cover letter, current CV, publications reprints and at least 3 references via e-mail to email@example.com
• 10/1/14, Congratulations to Marissa for defending her thesis. !!
• 12/10/13 Welcome two new graduate students: Yunshan Fan & Chu Han!!
• 9/1/13 Dr. Rui Hao joined the group as a postdoctoral associate. Rui will focus on nanoparticle/nanopore research.
• 8/20/13 Michelle David left the group to continue her study at WSU. Michelle had a successful and productive Summer!.
• Oja, S. M.; Zhang, B.* “Imaging Transient Formation of Diffusion Layers with Fluorescence-Enabled Electrochemical Microscopy.” Anal. Chem. 2014, Just Accepted Article.
• Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B.* “Study of the Formation and Quick Growth of Thick Oxide Films Using Platinum Nanoelectrodes as a Model Electrocatalyst.” Langmuir, 2014, 30, 11235-11242: 10.1021/la502336e.
• Guo, Z.; Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B.* “Chemically Resolved Transient Collision Events of Single Electrocatalytic Nanoparticles” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 8879-8882. DOI: 10.1021/ja503656a.
•Oja, S. M.; Guerrette, J. P.; David, M. R.; Zhang, B. “Fluorescence-Enabled Electrochemical Microscopy with Dihydroresorufin as a New Fluorogenic Indicator” Anal. Chem. 2014, 86, 6040-6048.
•Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B.* “Electrocatalytic Activity of Single Pt Nanowire Electrode.” J. Phys. Chem. 2013,117, 13928–13935.
•Guerrette, J. P.; Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B. "Fluorescence coupling for direct imaging of electrocatalytic heterogeneity" J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2013, 135, 855-861.
•Oja, S. M.; Wood, M.; Zhang, B. “Nanoscale Electrochemistry” Anal. Chem. 2013, 85, 473-476.
•Cox, J. T.; Guerrette, J. P.; Zhang, B. “Steady-State Voltammetry of a Microelectrode in a Closed Bipolar Cell” Anal. Chem. 2012, 84, 8797-8804.
•Guerrette, J. P.; Oja, S. M.; Zhang, B. “Coupled Electrochemical Reactions at Bipolar Microelectrodes and Nanoelectrodes” Anal. Chem. 2012, 84, 1609-1616.
•Guerrette, J. P.; Zhang, B. “Electrochemical Response of a Recessed Nanoband Electrode” Langmuir 2011, 27, 12218-12225.
•Adams, K. L.; Jena, B. K.; Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B."Highly-Sensitive Detection of Exocytotic Dopamine Release using a Gold-Nanoparticle-Network Microelectrode" Anal. Chem. 2011, 83, 920-927.
•Guerrette, J. P.; Zhang, B. "Scan-Rate Dependent Current Rectification of Cone-Shape Silica Nanopores in Quartz Nanopipettes "J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 17088-17091.