From left: Guozheng Shao, Chu Han, Rui Hao, Yunshan Fan, Jin Lu, Chadd Armstrong, Steve Oja, Steve Percival, Peter Defnet, Todd Anderson, Chris Gunderson, Bo Zhang
Our research is focused on the development and use of optical and electron microscopy methods to study molecular interaction and redox reactions at electrochemical interfaces. Our group has developed fluorescence-enabled electrochemical microscopy (FEEM) for studying dynamic redox events on electrochemical arrays.
• 07/2/15 Steve Oja's paper on FEEM imaging of diffusion is selected by Anal. Chem. editors to be included in a cross-journal virtual issue "Probing the Fundamentals of Light-Matter Interactions", in celebration of the International Year of Light.
• 06/29/15 Our NSF proposal has been funded. This grant will support our work on Fluorescence-enabled Electrochemical Microscopy (FEEM). We appreciate the continued support from NSF!
• 06/23/15 We are excited to have Peter Defnet joining the group. Peter will work on nanopore and electrochemical coupling. Welcome, Peter!!
• 05/29/15 Steve Percival has successfully defended his thesis! Congratulations, Dr. Percival! Steve will stay in the group for another year to continue his research on nanoscale electrochemistry.
• 03/16/15 Steve Oja has received some major awards! These are the ACS Division of Analytical Chemistry Graduate Fellowship and the SEAC Travel Award. In addition, Steve has been accepted to attend the 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting in Lindau, Germany, which is supported by the National Science Foundation! Congratulations, Steve!!
• 03/16/15 Three people presented at Pittcon in New Orleans: Steve Oja, and Steve Percival, and Bo Zhang.
• 02/20/15 We have received a Royalty Research Fund (RRF) to support our research on ultrathin-layer cells.
We are looking for highly motivated ambitious young scientists (recent PhD graduates) to join our group. The ideal candidates will have experience in electrochemistry, microscopy, neurochemistry, and related areas. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, current CV, publications reprints and at least 3 references via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oja, S. M.; Zhang, B.* “Imaging Transient Formation of Diffusion Layers with Fluorescence-Enabled Electrochemical Microscopy.” Anal. Chem. 2014, 86, 12299–12307. DOI: 10.1021/ac5035715.
• Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B.* “Study of the Formation and Quick Growth of Thick Oxide Films Using Platinum Nanoelectrodes as a Model Electrocatalyst.” Langmuir, 2014, 30, 11235-11242: DOI: 10.1021/la502336e.
• Guo, Z.; Percival, S. J.; Zhang, B.* “Chemically Resolved Transient Collision Events of Single Electrocatalytic Nanoparticles” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 8879-8882. DOI: 10.1021/ja503656a.
•Oja, S. M.; Guerrette, J. P.; David, M. R.; Zhang, B. “Fluorescence-Enabled Electrochemical Microscopy with Dihydroresorufin as a New Fluorogenic Indicator” Anal. Chem. 2014, 86, 6040-6048.