From left: Jin Lu, Fan Zhang, Nick Moore, Amanda Tsai, Sam Barlow, Yunshan Fan, Steve Oja, Chris Gunderson, Peter Defnet, Chadd Armstrong, Todd Anderson, Bo Zhang
Not included: Rui Hao, Chu Han, Ziyi Wang
Our research is focused on the development and use of optical and electron microscopy methods to study chemical reactions at electrochemical interfaces. Our group has developed fluorescence-enabled electrochemical microscopy (FEEM) for studying dynamic redox events on massive electrochemical arrays.
• 01/30/17 Jin's 2nd paper "Single Molecule Electrochemistry on a Porous Silica-Coated Electrode" has been accepted for publication in Journal of the American Chemical Society.
• 01/26/17 Jin's paper "Electrostatic Ion Enrichment in an Ultrathin-Layer Cell with a Critical Dimension between 5 to 20 nm" has been accepted for publication in Analytical Chemistry.
• 12/11/16 Our paper "Observation of Multipeak Collision Behavior during the Electro-Oxidation of Single Ag Nanoparticles" has been accepted into JACS! This is a collaborative effort with Professor Henry White's group at University of Utah on an exciting phenomenon of individual Ag nanoparticles.
• 09/20/16 Nick Moore has finished his summer work in our group. Thank you, Nick for the great work.
• 09/15/16 Steve Oja has successfully defended his thesis. Congratulations, Dr. Oja!!
• 08/15/16 Jin Lu has left the group to join Dr. Matthew Lew's group at Washington University, St. Louis. We thank Jin for his great contribution to the group.
• 08/5/16 A few papers have been recently accepted for publication in various journals:
• 07/18/16 We are excited to have Amanda Tsai joining the group. Amanda will spend this summer in the Zhang group as an research assistant working on neurochemistry with carbon fiber electrodes.
• 07/6/16 We are excited to have Nick Moore joining the group. Nick will spend this summer in the Zhang group working on neurochemistry with small electrodes.
• 06/10/16 Chu Han and Yunshan Fan have both passed their general exams. Congratulations!
• 03/29/16 We are excited to have Mr. Ziyi Wang joining our group as a visiting undergraduate research assistant. Welcome, Ziyi.
• 01/25/16 Dr. Fan Zhang has joined the group as a new postdoctoral associate. Fan received his Ph.D. from Institute of Physics in Beijing, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He will be working on Nanoscale Electrochemistry and Electron Transfer in a Bipolar Cell.