From left: Jin Lu, Fan Zhang, Nick Moore, Amanda Tsai, Sam Barlow, Yunshan Fan, Steve Oja, Chris Gunderson, Peter Defnet, Chadd Armstrong, Todd Anderson, Bo Zhang
Not included: Rui Hao, Chu Han, Ziyi Wang
Our research is focused on the development and use of optical and electron microscopy methods to study chemical reactions at electrochemical interfaces. Our group has developed fluorescence-enabled electrochemical microscopy (FEEM) for studying dynamic redox events on massive electrochemical arrays.
• 08/5/16 A few papers have been recently accepted for publication in various journals:
• 07/18/16 We are excited to have Amanda Tsai joining the group. Amanda will spend this summer in the Zhang group as an research assistant working on neurochemistry with carbon fiber electrodes.
• 07/6/16 We are excited to have Nick Moore joining the group. Nick will spend this summer in the Zhang group working on neurochemistry with small electrodes.
• 06/10/16 Chu Han and Yunshan Fan have both passed their general exams. Congratulations!
• 03/29/16 We are excited to have Mr. Ziyi Wang joining our group as a visiting undergraduate research assistant. Welcome, Ziyi.
• 01/25/16 Dr. Fan Zhang has joined the group as a new postdoctoral associate. Fan received his Ph.D. from Institute of Physics in Beijing, Chinese Academy of Sciences. He will be working on Nanoscale Electrochemistry and Electron Transfer in a Bipolar Cell.
• 12/17/15 Steve Percival has left the group. Steve will join Professor Allen Bard's lab at UT Austin. Steve has contributed tremendously to the group as a graduate student and as postdoc. Best wishes, Steve and enjoy the sunshine!!!
• 12/16/15 Guozheng has left the group. Guozheng graduated in this Department working with David Ginger on polymer solar cells and then did a brief postdoc research in our lab. Best wishes, Guozheng.
• 12/16/15 We are excited to have three new students officially joining the lab: Todd Anderson, Sam Barlow, and Peter Defnet. Welcome!!!
• 12/2/15 Two new papers have just been accepted into Analytical Chemistry. "Nanopipette-based Electroplated Nanoelectrodes" by Rui Hao and Bo Zhang, DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b03548; "Nanoscale Electrochemistry Revisited" by Steve Oja, Yunshan Fan, Chadd Armstrong, Peter Defnet, and Bo Zhang, DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b04542.
We are looking for highly motivated ambitious young scientists (recent PhD graduates) to join our group. The ideal candidates will have experience in electrochemistry, microscopy, neurochemistry, and related areas. Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, current CV, publications reprints and at least 3 references via e-mail to email@example.com