Information for your Presentation
Hopefully you've attended some of the previous colloquiums
and have an idea what is presented.
Basically go over the organization and your project.
- First is the usual intro slide with title, names,
what you will talk about, etc.
- Describe what the company does (only as much as is needed
to know how you fit in), then describe your work.
- If you need to present an overview (outside of your work),
that's fine. You're basically aiming for clarity.
I like when students get a bit
technical, but not too much as there's not time.
Presentations are now 10 minutes so leave out course stuff, be organized.
Aim for around 9 minutes as there aren't too many questions.
If there is time, end with a summary ... things like:
- What you learned
- Parts of the internship you particularly liked or disliked
- What Bothell courses helped with your work
- Any pitfalls
- And any other miscellaneous, but appropriate information
The University of Washington Undergraduate Research has some
giving presentations on their website.