- Week 1:
- Diggle, Heagerty, Liang and Zeger (DHLZ) Chapter 1 (HS Library Reserve)
- LDAchapter.pdf --- Overview chapter from van Belle, Fisher, Heagerty and Lumley (2004)
- BurtonEtAl1998.pdf --- Tutorial in Biostatistics, from Burton et al. (1998), Stat in Medicine (Section 1, 2.1-2.4).
- Application: please locate a journal article that uses longitudinal or multilevel data analysis methods (e.g. look for "change" analysis, or mixed models, or GEE) -- be prepared to discuss the following aspects:
- Scientific question(s)
- Analysis approaches
- Issues (missing data, model selection, time-dependent
- Summary Form for Application:
- Week 2:
- DHLZ Chapter 2 (Sections 2.1-2.3), FLW Chapter 3 (Sections 3.1-3.5)
- Fitzmaurice2001.pdf --- A Conundrum in the Analysis of Change, Fitzmaurice (2001)
- FrisonPocock1992.pdf --- Repeated measures in clinical trials: analysis using mean summary statistics and its implications for design, Frison and Pocock (1992)
- Week 3:
- DHLZ Chapter 6 (Sections 6.1-6.3)
- Application: See attached assignment, ASM03.pdf, here.
- Week 4:
- DHLZ Chapter 3, FLW Chapter 6
- Week 5:
- DHLZ Chapters 7-8, FLW Chapter 11
- Application: See attached assignment, ASM04.pdf, here.
- Week 6:
- DHLZ Chapters 7.2, 9, FLW Chapter 8
- Application: See the Sheffe Illustration in the Data directory.
- Week 7:
- Application: See attached assignment, ASM05.pdf, here.
- Week 8:
- Application: See attached assignment, ASM06.pdf, here.
- Week 9:
- DHLZ Chapter 13, FLW Chapter 14
- Optional reading: T.E. Raghunathan (2004) - Annual Review
of Public Health. Discusses methods for general types of missing data:
- Application: See missing data illustrations in Week #9 lectures.