My students and I develop software as part of our research, and some of it exists as reusable tools,
libraries, or end-user applications. (The rest are programs designed for non-reusable purposes, such
as for conducting specific experiments.) The following downloads are posted as-is free of charge,
without warranty or guarantee of any kind. To the best of our knowledge, everything here is bug-free...
but you know how that goes. Please
let me know
if you find something useful.
- Coursera: Designing, Running, & Analyzing Experiments: online course for learning inferential statistics in R.
- Rstats: Statistical Analysis and Reporting in R: R code snippets and associated data sets for inferential statistical analyses in R.
- ps4hci: Practical Statistics for HCI: independent study modules and data sets for learning statistics and statistical tools. [pdf]
- ARTool: for conducting nonparametric factorial within- or between-subjects analyses using only ANOVA procedures. [pdf]
Crowdsourcing end-user elicitation
Gesture analysis tools
- TextTest: for conducting and analyzing rigorous studies of text entry performance. [pdf]
- FittsStudy: for performing and analyzing studies of human pointing performance. [pdf]
- Input Observer: for unobtrusively measuring text entry and mouse pointing performance "in the wild." [pdf]
- EdgeWrite: for entering text using any number of devices or platforms. [pdf]
- EdgeWrite DLL: for developing custom text entry methods using the EdgeWrite system.
- WobbrockLib: my C# .NET library of application-agnostic formulae, widgets, data structures, and algorithms (v. 4.1.2).
- PolledDevices: my C# .NET 2.0 library that makes it easy to acquire and process mice, keyboards, and joysticks (v. 3.0.2).