- Mixed-Integer Programming
- Large-Scale Optimization
- Optimization under Uncertainty
- Network Optimization
- Communications and computing infrastructure
- Supply chain management
- Social networks
- Homeland security
- Power systems
- Emergency logistics
- National Science Foundation, Mixed-Integer Programming Approaches for Risk-Averse Multicriteria Optimization, 2015-2019.
- National Science Foundation, CAREER: Mixed-Integer Optimization under Joint Chance Constraints, 2011-2017.
- National Science Foundation, Stochastic Mixed-Integer Optimization: Polyhedral Theory, Large-Scale Algorithms and Computations (with S. Sen), 2011-2014.
- National Science Foundation, Mixed-Integer Optimization for Multi-Item, Multi-Echelon Production and Distribution Planning, 2008-2012.
- Center for Aviation Studies, OSU, Dynamic Optimization Approaches for Air Transportation Problems under Uncertainty, 2012.
- INFORMS Volunteer Service Award, 2016
- ICS (INFORMS Computing Society) Prize (with S.Sen, D. Gade, J. Higle, L. Ntaimo and H. Sherali), 2015
- Lumley Research Award, College of Engineering, Ohio State University, 2014
- Dinakar Gade, PhD, 2012 (co-advised by S. Sen).
First place in 2012 IIE Doctoral Colloquium Poster Competition.
First position: SABRE.
- Minjiao Zhang, PhD, 2013.
First place in
George Nicholson Student Paper Competition, 2012.
First position: University of Alabama.
- Pelin Damci-Kurt, PhD, 2014.
First position: Lightning Bolt Solutions.
- Xiao Liu, PhD, 2016.
Third place in ICS Student Paper Prize, 2015.
- Hao-Hsiang Wu, PhD candidate (expected graduation 2018).
- Merve Merakli, PhD candidate (expected graduation 2018).
- Hasan Manzour, PhD student (expected graduation 2019).
- Qiang Meng, PhD student (expected graduation 2019).
- Saumya Goel, MS (thesis), 2011.
First position: Qualcomm.