Updated Blogroll

It’s been a while since I updated my blogroll. Here are a few aditions of note:

• The Vigorous North. I’m not sure how to describe this blog. Urban geography? Portland, Mania? There’s much to see here that is either not exactly geographic, or not entirely related to Portland, ME… but is still totally fascinating.
  • Radical Cartography. The great stuff here isn’t necessarily on the RSS feed – check out the “six atlases” under the “Projects” heading for North American Foodways (e.g. Gallons of Moonshine Produced per Square Mile, Tennessee, 1969-1970), meanders of the Mississippi River, and a statistical atlas of the 1870 census.
  • All of My Faults Are Stress Related. Kim Hannula’s blog about teaching geology at a public, liberal arts college in Colorado. She does a great job documenting what we geoscience profs do all day.
  • I’m collaborating with a group of folks including Kyle House of Geologic Frothings and Ron Schott of Ron Schott’s Geology Home Companion on the Digital Innovations sessions at GSA (see my post from 4/22).
  • Teaching the Earth Sciences. The NAGT Far West Section has a blog. What about us up here in the Northwest?
  • The Planetary Society Weblog. Emily Lakdawalla covers events around the solar system – and beyond – with a planetary scientist’s eye and a sense of humor. This is where I learned that there were actually Space Lawyers. Seriously.