Informatics Training for CDC Public Health Advisors
Publishing on the WWW: Why—and Why Not
Instructor: Patrick O’Carroll, MD, MPH
Teaching methods: Presentation
Topics to be covered:
- The advantages and disadvantages to using the WWW as a publishing medium
- Common but inappropriate reasons for creating an organizational "web presence"
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
- Discuss the advantages of using the WWW as a publishing medium;
- Discuss disadvantages (some inherent, some temporary) in using the WWW as a publishing medium;
- Review key managerial and policy issues that arise when an organization develops a Web presence.
References & suggested readings
Return to index