Informatics Training for CDC Public Health Advisors
Information Resource Management (IRM) & IRM Planning
Instructor: Curt Pederson July 21, 1997; 1:45pm
Teaching methods: Presentation & Discussion
Topics to be covered:
- CIO: Life choice or genetic predisposition?
- Emerging role of the CIO
- Current Oregon State IRM Environment and Issues
- IRM Planning is like a "rain dance"
- Overview of IRM Planning practices
- Questions and answers
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
- Understand why there is a 75% turnover rate among the state CIO community;
- Explain (at a high level) the importance of information resource management planning to the development of effective, integrated, maintainable information systems;
- Describe the benefits of having a business-driven rather than technology-driven plan;
- Understand the value of executive sponsorship, ownership, and accountability as it relates to successful IRM plan implementation;
- Appreciate the value of collaboration and stakeholder involvement in the planning process.
- Copies of the presentation slides will be handed out prior to the talk.
Return to index