Blogger is pretty simplistic when it comes to dealing with media, but I’ve found a couple of work-arounds for those of you who want to be able to post galleries of your pictures!
There seem to be two types of options: a Flickr photo set gallery, or photo slideshows via Flickr, Photobucket, Picasa or other photo-sharing sites. Click ‘continue reading’ to see how-to tutorials for all three.
Picasa, Photobucket and Flickr are all free services where you can upload, edit and share your photos. There are tons more out there — see here — but these are some of the most popular.
Option 1: Flickr photo set gallery. If you want to make a Flickr set gallery, simply click on “share” when you’re viewing your set on Flickr, and choose the “Blogger” option – this will create a new Blogger post to which you can then add text.
Option 2: Photo slideshows. Here are the steps you’ll go through for creating a photo slideshow through your photosharing service:
1. First, you need to for grab the “embed” code for your slideshow in whatever service you’re using. (Here are the links for help on how to do this in Picasa, Flickr, and Photobucket.). Copy the code into the clipboard.
2. In your Blogger post editing window, click on the html editing tab.
3. Paste the code into your post.
4. We all know that Blogger has trouble when it comes to wrapping text around photos and other objects. One little piece of html that can help you with this problem is the “break” tag, which looks like <br/>. This inserts a line break into your post. I’d suggest using this before/after the code you embedded.
5. Be patient! Play around with things. It can be frustrating, but keep at it!