Generalized weakness of connective tissue affecting skeleton, eyes, and
- Tall, thin body habitus with long, "gangly" extremities
- Optic lens dislocation leading to myopia
- Increased risk of aortic root dilatation, aortic dissection, and sudden
Physical features often used for screening:
- "Wrist test": Positive if thumb and 5th finger overlap when
wrapped around the wrist.
- "Thumb test": Positive if the entire nail of the personís
thumb extends beyond the edge of the hand from a fist made with the thumb
- Arm span is usually greater than the patientís height.
include Core Content Review of Family Medicine, 2012)