See also: "Colitides including C. dif"
- Various viruses particularly Rotavirus,
- Bacterial organisms
- Escherichia coli
- Clostridium dificile
- Opportunistic infections in an immunocompromised patients
II. Prevention of "Travelers' Diarrhea"
- Common in regions where water supply is subject to fecal
- Bismuth subsalicylate
- Bovine colostrum (Travelan) 200mg prior to each meal; inhibits E.
coli attachment to intestinal wall
- Rifaximin (Xifaxan)-A nonabsorbable antibiotic that can reduce risk of traveler's diarrhea by 77%
III. Treatment of Clostridium dificile