Instructor: Tuesdays 12:00-3:00pm Gug. 318E
TA Office Hours: Mondays 4-5pm, Wednesdays: 12pm-1pm; Fridays 4-5 pm (EE Building/2F square)
Canvas website (for homework upload and lecture recordings)
Project: The project for the class consists of a 5 pages of report using the style file on this page http://control.disp.uniroma2.it/cdc2012/author_info.php (either tex or word).
The project report format is:
- abstract; summarize the contribution in your own words
- problem setup and assumptions
- results and observations- outline of the approach and the part of the paper that you want to focus on, e.g., the paper discusses A-D and you will analyze C; yet provide an overview of A,B and D!
- simulations, proof, critique (assumptions, line of proof), filling the missing steps
- applications, reasonableness of the assumptions, implications, potential extensions
- references; you can include a link to your code, simulations, movies, and other supplementary material in the references
The project has to deal with a theoretical or an applied aspect of the topics covered in the course, including algebraic properties of networks, dynamics on networks, synchronization, vehicle formations, control and estimation on networks, and applications. The mere fact that the paper contains "networks" would NOT qualify the paper as appropriate for the project and NO CREDIT will be given to reports that do not have an analytic component that is consistent with the level of discussion/instruction in the course. Please consult with the instructor about your project report if you are in doubt.
The project report is due as a pdf file (no other formats will be accepted), submitted on CANVAS WEBSITE by 11:59 pm on June 6 (Wednesday). Please attach the paper(s) that you are writing your report on to your own report as one pdf file.