CV Courses UW Home Econ Dept About the Dept Undergraduate Program Events and Seminars Centers Faculty
Levis Kochin Home Page
Box 353330, Seattle, WA 98195 - 3330
Teaching and Research Fields:
- Biology and Economics, Financial Crises, Economics of Education, Economic History of Israel
- The political Economics of Quotas for Fish and Carbon.
- Real options and the Economics of Enrichment.
- "Ronald Coarse on the Nature of Social Cost as a key to
the Probem of the Firm" (with Yoram Barzel), in the Scandinavian
Journal of Economics, Vol. 94, No.1.
- "When is it wrong to Buy Votes?" (with Michael Kochin). Public Choice, December, 1998.
- "The Success of the Fed and the Death of Monetarism" (with N.
Kundan Kishor) Economic Inquiry Vol. 45 No. 1 56-70 January 2007.
- " Real (estate) Booms and Busts on the Frontier? From the
fall of Cow to the Arrest of Kenting," presented at Rutgers,
Princeton, Chicago, LEhigh and Northwestern Universities.
- " The Changing Political Economy of Fishing. Effficient and
Expedient Regulation Under ITQ and open Access" (with Chris Riley),
presented at the Western Economic Association, Vancouver, BC.
Honors and Fellowships: NDEA Fellowship, 1966-68, University of Chicago.