Instructions to obtain a free 1-year XNA
Creator’s Club membership
must be a currently enrolled student to be eligible.
- Go to the Microsoft DreamSpark
- Click the XNA Game Studio logo.
- Begin the student verification process by clicking
- Once verification is completed, go back to the XNA
Game Studio page.
- At the bottom of the page, you can download the
software and get a Creator's Club membership key.
If you already have the XNA Game Studio software then you can skip the
- Click 'Get
Key' to retrieve the membership key.
The following steps are to
be performed on the Xbox 360...
(This is the step that I got stuck
- If you don't already have an Xbox Live account,
you must create an account with a 'Silver'
(free) membership first.
Don't try to create your account using the Creator’s Club membership
key—it will fail and give you an error message (which gives no information
as to why it failed!).
- Once you have your account set
up, go to the 'Marketplace'
screen and select 'redeem code'
(or something similar) and enter the key that you retrieved from the
After that, you should have
full access to the XNA Creator's Club content. Enjoy!