XNA Creator’s Club membership and
connection to the XBOX 360
must be a currently enrolled student to be eligible.
- Sign up for an Xbox Live Silver account and get your Xbox connected
- Install XNA Game Studio 3.0. This is the SDK that plugs into
Visual Studio 2008. On the download page, click the "Get Key"
button to get a 25-character product key for an XNA Creator's Club Trial
- Sign up for an
XNA Creator's Club Trial Membership. Select the "Redeem
Code" radio button and enter the product key you retrieved in step 2.
- Install XNA Game Studio Connect on your XBox.
Click the "Download to Xbox 360" button. Reboot your Xbox and
sign in to Xbox Live to force the download.
- Bring up XNA Game Studio Connect on the Xbox. You can
find it under Game Marketplace -> Explore Game Content -> All Games
-> Browse -> Title -> All. Scroll to the bottom of the list. 'A'
button on XNA Creator's Club -> Play Now.
- When XNA Game Studio Connect launches, it will display
a 25-character connection key. Use this key to configure the XNA Game
Studio Device Center and test the connection, as follows:
- Open Visual Studio 2008. Select File -> New ->
Project -> Visual C# -> XNA Game Studio 3.0 -> XBox 360 Game (3.0). A new project with some default
code will be generated.
- Click the "Launch XNA Game Studio Device
Center" button (the icon is a TV with an X on it) on the
"XNA Game Studio 3.0 Device Management" toolbar. Click "Add
Device" -> Xbox 360. Give it a friendly name and click Next. Enter the 25-digit connection key you retrieved
in step 6.
- Press F5 or the green Start Debugging button to start
debugging. Your TV screen should go solid blue; this is the sample
code you just deployed.