Technorealism demands that we think critically about the role that
and interfaces play in human evolution and everyday life...
As technorealists, we seek to expand the fertile middle ground between
techno-utopianism and neo-Luddism...
We can be passionately optimistic about
some technologies, skeptical and disdainful of others. Still, our goal is
neither to champion nor dismiss technology, but rather to understand it
and apply it in a manner more consistent with basic human values.
Below are some evolving basic principles that help explain technorealism.
PRINCIPLES OF TECHNOREALISM
1. Technologies are not neutral.
2. The Internet is revolutionary, but not Utopian.
3. Government has an important role to play on the electronic
4. Information is not knowledge.
5. Wiring the schools will not save them.
6. Information wants to be protected.
7. The public owns the airwaves; the public should benefit from their
8. Understanding technology should be an essential component of global