Seminar: 4th Week
URL of our Class Page:
- Library Information
Gateway, Library Catalog
and Internet Search
and Evaluation procedures.
"Evaluating Information Found on the WWW" and Other Library Handouts
- Pick a partner and accomplish your own searches
Raise this week's page on your computer in Netscape or Explorer (Find the
URL at the top of this page)
- Search the Library Catalog, a Library Data Base or the
Internet for one or two useful sources for your "Mini-Research". To save
these sources, send them to your Email account.
- Share your search results via the class discussion list
If you have not done so yet, be sure to:
- catch up with weeks 2 & 3 as needed.
- include your new or changed "special topic" in the "introduction" on
your Web site or send it to krumme@u for the membership list.
- start a new page/file for your "special topic". From now on, you
may want to find at
least one reference every week and add at least two sentences to an
evolving brief "mini-research" write-up on your special topic every
week. (The end product should be 300-600 words of concise, well
organized [on at least two hypertextually linked pages]
and thoroughly proofread and edited writing)
Thanks and Have Fun! GK