.........Do NOT Hand in!
(Geography 350, April 4, 2000)
Select 1 (one) from the following items:
First, please define and/or identify the term's
conceptual meaning. If appropriate, you may also want to suggest briefly
why this concept may be relevant or how it may be used in Economic
(1) What are "forward" and "backward" linkages in regional economic
(2) What is an "inductive" mode of reasoning?
(3) What are "homogeneous" and "nodal" regions?:
(4) Come up with a reasonably explicit definition of "Economic
(5) What would we mean by the suggestion that Person A has a high
"distance elasticity of demand" for gasoline?
(6) Which text did you use in Geog.207 or which text have you adopted (as
suggested) now for general economic-geography background for Geog.350? (Be
names and full title, please; I want to know whether you remember)
List of 207 Texts
(7) What do economic geographers mean by 'agglomeration economies'?
(8) How would you define a "model"?