(Geography 207, January 19, 1999)
Select 5 (five) from the following 8 items (1 points each + 1 Bonus pt).
First, please define and/or identify the name or the term's
conceptual meaning. If appropriate, you may also want to suggest briefly
why this concept may be relevant or how it may be used in Economic
Geography. Please write legibly!
(1) Who was either (a) Alfred Weber; or (b) Johann Heinrich von Thünen?
(2) How, in general, would the "land-intensity" of an activity affect its
(3) What are "economies of agglomeration"?
(4) What are "terms of trade"?
(5) What is a "factor of production"?
(6) What is a "Boolean operator"?
(7) What is a "location quotient"?
(8) What do we understand by "economic distance"?
BONUS: What did Alan Greenspan have in common with
Gustavo Franco before the latter resigned last week?