|SITE MAP||SUPPORT PAGES||LIBRARY||ECON & BUS GEOG||RESOURCES||A-Z INDEX|
|207 ESSENTIALS||GLOSSARY||207 PAGE||CALENDAR||ECON NEWS||PROJECTS|
Name:___________________________ (Geography 207, February 24, 2000)
Geog 207 Glossary
(1) Briefly explain how and why the size of the regional multiplier tends to vary with the size of the region.
(2) Explain how you can use the location quotient to identify the export activities of a region.
(3) What is the "diameter" of a network and what is its role in determining the connectivity of a network or the accessibility of nodes in a network?
(4) "Flexibility" is generally considered a useful objective for individuals and firms. Yet, it is too broad a concept to represent a meaningful basis for an adjustment strategy. Can you identify some conceptual distinctions between different kinds of flexibilties which would support the analytical needs of economic geographers? (Week #6)
(5) Briefly contrast two of the explanations of international trade presented in class or text.
See: Stutz, pp.429ff.
(a) Which university hosts the "Virtual Geography Department"?
(b) Who is the present federal
secretary of commerce?
Or click here!
(c) What is the difference between the "GDP" and the "GNP"?
| Econ & Bus Geog