(Geography 207, January, 2000)
Select 1 (one) from the following items:
First, please define and/or identify the term's
conceptual meaning. If appropriate, you may also want to suggest briefly
why this concept may be relevant or how it may be used in Economic
(1) How do Stutz & DeSouza (your text) summarize the major
characteristics of "globalization"?
(2) What is a "deductive" model?
(3) Explain the "distance-elasticity of demand":
(4) Who was Harold Hotelling?:
(5) What are "opportunity costs" (as explained by Stutz)?
(6) What does the "Third Sector" (Rifkin) have to do with
(7) "What is meant by the "tertiary sector"?
(8) What is a "spatial duopoly"?
If you have missed the QUIZ entirely or you just
individual answers, you are invited to submit a take-home version
of ALL missed or corrected answers next week, by Thursday at
the latest, just to show you "are with it".
There will be ONE in-class make-up (or "grade-improvement") quiz at
the end of the quarter for one missed or "missed" quiz. This make-up is
open to all who
have submitted at least the take-home version for this missed (or to be
improved) quiz at the due date.
All quiz grades can be partially improved by submitting take-home
versions with answers formulated in your own words. These take-home
responses will count as "participation" and will
count more if they are submitted before the originals are returned in
class, i.e. one week after the quiz was given.