Sverdrup and nonlinear dynamics of the Pacific SEC
Sverdrup and nonlinear dynamics of the Pacific South Equatorial Current
William S. Kessler, Gregory C. Johnson and Dennis W. Moore
Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory / NOAA
This page is obsolete! The paper is published!
Kessler. W.S., G.C. Johnson and D.W. Moore (2003): Sverdrup and nonlinear dynamics of the Pacific Equatorial Currents. J.Phys.Oceanogr., 33(5), 994-1008.
Download the published version here.
Figures for the paper ... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!
[Possible additional choices shown in square brackets]
- A Johnson et al. 2001 data distribution
- B (y,z) sections of zonal current at 110°W, 155°W, 165°E
- C ERS Curl(Tau)
- D Zonal transports: ADCP, Sverdrup, Model
- E Transports of the zonal "currents"
- F Curl and Sverdrup U for wind stress, advective and friction terms
- G Maps of mean zonal nonlinear terms
- H Effect of advection terms along equator: total term and high-frequency part
- [Advective terms from time-smoothed velocities]
- [Advective terms difference, due to high-frequencies (mostly TIW)]
Main SEC work page
Kessler home page