Figures from KRC 1997
Figures from Kessler, Rothstein and Chen (1997)
- Mean observed and modeled SST.
- Annual cycle of SST. Observed and modeled.
- Annual cycle of observed zonal and meridional winds and SST in the eastern equatorial Pacific.
- Observed and modeled mixed layer depth at 110°W.
- Mean currents and temperature at 110°W. Obs and model.
- Model mean meridional circulation.
- Model mean w and surface u,v vectors.
- Observed and modeled annual cycles of U, V, T at 0°, 110°W
- V at 0°, 110°W. Observed and modeled.
- Eddy and low-frequency SST advection.
- Upper layer model SST balance at 2°S-2°N, 120°W-90°W.
- Annual cycle solar radiation and clouds in the eastern tropical Pacific.
- Zonal wind and model vertical velocity.
- SST and eddy velocity on 15 September.
- Demeaned heat balance terms: Air-sea and total ocean.
- Comparison of SST for the standard run and three altered-forcing experiments.