Publications, Conference Papers
Podcasting As Active Learning: My 8 minute presentation at NCA, San Antonio, on experimenting with podcasting as a learning tool in COM300, Spring 2006, at the University of Washington.
mp4 @ dotMac,
mp3 @ UW
"Blogging, RSS and the Information Landscape:
A Look At Online News,"
WWW 2005, Chiba, Japan. (pdf)
"The Race of the Web Sites 2004,"
analysis of Democratic an Republican web sites, in
ACM Interactions. 2004. (pdf)
"How can we measure the influence of the blogosphere?,"
WWW 2004, New York. (pdf)
- "A Tale of Two Web Sites,"
analysis of Democratic and Republican presidential web sites, in ACM Interactions. 2000. (pdf)
- "Book Review, The Deadline: A Novel About Project Management", Internetworking, a publication of The Internet Technical Group. 1998.
- "Demand for Milk in Fast-Food Outlets in Virginia," paper based on thesis selected for presentation at annual meeting, Illinois. American Agricultural Economics Association. 1980.
- "Design for Usability," paper presented at the sixth annual World Wide Web Consortium meeting, Santa Clara, CA. 1997.
- "Effective Communication Techniques for Environmental Risk: A Case Study," presented at Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI) Environmental Conference, Boston. 1993.
- "How Small Associations are Using the Internet," accepted for presentation at annual conference, Western Conference of Association Executives. 1996.
"Book Review, Net Gain: Expanding Markets Through Virtual Communities," Internetworking, a publication of The Internet Technical Group. March 1999.
- "Recycled Markets Development in the Northwest: A Model for Industry Involvement," paper presented at The Technical Association for the Pulp and Paper Industry (TAPPI) Environmental Conference, Boston. March 1993.