I love to travel. It’s my primary hobby and something that keeps me both energized and grounded. When I was younger, my parents took me on a lot of trips across the U.S. by train, which is what got me started in my desire to take in as much of the world as possible. While in college, internships took me all over the United States, and while in grad school and as a faculty member, conference travel and research internships led me to various countries across 5 continents.
Travel Bucket List:
- Visit all 50 US states – Completed August 2014! Last two states visited was Arkansas.
- Visit all 7 continents – Currently at 5/7
- See the 7 New Wonders of the World – Currently at 2/7
- Go on a safari in Africa – Completed June 2014! Hope to do many more of these.
- Snorkel and dive in Bora Bora – Completed – Honeymoon in March 2011!
- Visit every U.S. National Park – Currently at 22/59
- Visit the Galapagos
- Visit India
- Northern Lights & polar bears safari
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
- Go skiing in the Swiss Alps
- World map of countries visited (21/195):
- World Continents visited (5/7): North America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia
- New Wonders of the World visited (2/7): Great Wall, Coliseum
- U.S. States visited (50/50): Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,