I've been doing a lot of traveling in my life, and it's something I love to do. When I was younger, my parents took me on a lot of trips across the U.S. by train, which is what got me started in my desire to take in as much of the world as possible. While in college, internships took me all over the United States, and while in grad school, conference travel and research internships led me to various countries across 4 continents. Travel is my biggest hobby and something that keeps me both energized and grounded.
Travel Bucket List:
- Visit all 50 US states - Currently at 48/50 - Missing Louisiana and Arkansas
- Visit all 7 continents - Currently at 5/7 - Missing South America and Antarctica
- See the 7 New Wonders of the World - Currently at 2/7: Great Wall and the Coliseum
- Go on a safari in Africa - Completed June 2014!
- Visit the Galapagos
- Scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
- Go skiing in the Swiss Alps
Below are maps I've generated to help keep track of all the states and countries I've visited. See also my Pictures page for pictures I've taken during my travels.