I love to travel. It's my primary hobby and something that keeps me both energized and grounded. When I was younger, my parents took me on a lot of trips across the U.S. by train, which is what got me started in my desire to take in as much of the world as possible. While in college, internships took me all over the United States, and while in grad school and as a faculty member, conference travel and research internships led me to various countries across 5 continents.
Travel Bucket List:
- Visit all 50 US states - Completed August 2014!
- Visit all 7 continents - Currently at 5/7 - Missing South America and Antarctica
- See the 7 New Wonders of the World - Currently at 2/7 - Have visited the Great Wall and the Coliseum
- Go on a safari in Africa - Completed June 2014!
- Visit the Galapagos
- Scuba dive in the Great Barrier Reef
- Go skiing in the Swiss Alps
Below is a map I've generated to help keep track of all the countries I've visited. See also my Pictures page for pictures I've taken during my travels.