Newspaper Reporter At Typewriter
Checklist for Evaluating Webpages - the 5 Ws
- Who wrote the page?
- Are credentials provided?
- Is there an About Us section, a mission statement, etc.?
- Is the page current? Dated?
- When was the page last updated? (Remember that individual pages may be updated at different times)
- Do the links work?
- Where is the page published? Type of domain?
- Does the publisher take responsibility for the content?
- Will the page be there tomorrow?
- What is the content?
- Are quotes accurate?
- Are the facts documented? If so, who's the source?
- What is the bias? Selling? Promoting? Ranting?
- Are links to other viewpoints provided? Balanced?
- What is not said?
- Would you be better off visiting the library? Would a book or a journal article have better information?
Created by: Jessica Albano
Last Updated: September 2001